This 2-day workshop is an advanced course for speech-language pathologists (SLPs) and registered dental hygienists (RDHs) already diagnosing and treating orofacial myofunctional disorders (OMDs). The focus will be to move beyond a series of exercises to understanding how structure, function, and behavior contribute to OMDs and to success in therapy. Successful outcomes are based on solid differential diagnosis, individualized treatment planning, and coordinating services with a team of other medical and dental professionals.
1. Define the scope of practice of OMDs and the special populations treated by OMT.
2. Define the elements of differential diagnosis.
3. Develop detailed individualized treatment plans, including for one of their own patients.
4. Apply oromyofunctional techniques to a variety of patient populations.
5. List the multidisciplinary care colleagues on pediatric and adult treatment teams.
ASHA CEU Offered?: Yes
Organization Website: www.universe.com/masteringomtoregon
Oregon Speech-Language & Hearing Association l OSHAOregon@gmail.com